15 Great Yogi-isms
Yogi Berra’s career in the MLB was incredible.
Not only was he a great player and coach, but he had the ability to come up with these quotes that had everyone trying to guess what he meant.
Some of these quotes are pretty inspirational if I do say so myself.
READ BELOW TO SEE 15 OF THE GREATEST YOGI BERRA QUOTES:
Berra’s contributions to MLB history are incalculable, but his legacy might be even better remembered for what he contributed to American language. A sportswriters’ favorite, Berra had countless expressions and turns of phrase that were memorable because most of them didn’t make any sense. (At the same time, every one had some truth to it.)
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.
- Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.
- The future ain’t what it used to be.
- It gets late early out here.
- If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.
- Pair up in threes.
- You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
- All pitchers are liars or crybabies.
- I never said most of the things I said.
- If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
- I’m lucky. Usually you’re dead to get your own museum, but I’m still alive to see mine.
- If I didn’t make it in baseball, I won’t have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.
- If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.
- A lot of guys go, ‘Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.’ I tell ’em, ‘I don’t know any.’ They want me to make one up. I don’t make ’em up. I don’t even know when I say it. They’re the truth. And it is the truth. I don’t know.
Source: For The Win – USA Today
Source: Featured Image